M3U Dropper – manage playlists with drag & drop
This is a handy tool for people who create and manage playlists for their music players. M3U Dropper creates, imports, and organizes playlists. It allows you to drop links (to files) from the desktop from an audio/video collection and then managet the order of this list.
This is useful for example in creating a mix of songs or videos with a specific mood or purpose. As the name suggests, the program creates M3U files which are used in most software players (Winamp, Foobar, Songbird, etc.) and many hardware players (including the iPod). It can also save playlists in other widely used formats including M3U8, PLS, and WPL.
What makes M3U Dropper different?
There are many tools out there for managing playlists. What makes M3U Dropper different from the rest is:
- It allows you to drag and drop files & links from the desktop easily
- You can running multiple instances of it and drag between them
- It uses very few system resources – it is efficient
- Being a ‘single purpose’ piece of software, it is focussed on doing one thing very well
- It comes in what is called ‘portable’ form, meaning that you dont need to install the software – it comes as an exe file, and you just click it to run
- It supports all audio files and links, local and online
- It supports formats like M3U, M3U8, PLS, WPL.
- It can sort alphabetically, or randomise the order for you
- It is possible to set the window to stay on top of other windows
- It is very portable as it does not require installation
Performance and Reliability
The performance is very good and it uses very few system resources. No crashes or conflicts recorded in our testing – and very little in the way of reported issues from its user base.
The interface is very simple to use. Just drag and drop the tracks that you want and then you can name it accordingly and toggling etc on the interface is also very easy to carry on. This tool follows all the normal windows conventions, making it relatively easy for most people to learn in a short space of time.
The M3U Dropper is very simple and easy to use which really makes the user easy to use and it also supports all audio formats and it also gives us all the options which can help us create and name playlists. M3U Dropper is freeware, Copyright© 2010-2012 Eric Nitzsche, licensed under GNU LGPL v3.
- Multiple instances of the program can run at once
- Seamless support for both local and online links
- Great support for windows hotkeys, which is good for regular users
- The sorting and find options are implemented particuarly well
- This is a portable software – it does not touch your registry
- There are no immediately obvious drawbacks with this product. Experienced users of music compilation software will likely wish for additional features in the areas of rating, indexing and sampling.
M3U dropper is an easy to use and useful tool. It performs reliably, won’t slow your system down, and won’t junk up your registry. If you make and managed playlists – you will like this product.