Home » antivirus, blog, open source, security

Best Free Antivirus Poll – First Week Report

by Johnny Karp 10 August 2009 9 Comments

I started a poll to find out which is your favorite free antivirus program and after the first week the results are the following:

1. Avast Home Edition – 44%

2. Avira AntiVir Personal Edition – 39%

3. AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition – 15%

4. ClamWin Free Antivirus – 2%

5. a-squared Free – 0%

More than 100 people voted so far and the situation is pretty tight at the top, only a few votes between Avast and Avira AntiVir! The poll will be open until the end of August, so we might see significant changes until then. Keep on voting and pick your favorite freeware antivirus program!

antivirus

• BosseWeb said:

Wasn´t Rising Antivirus Free Edition “big” enough to make into the poll?

I chose only 5 programs at the start of the poll but asked the readers to suggest other programs too. I didn’t know about Rising Antivirus, so thanks for recommending it. I’ll add it to the poll right away.

@Thanos
    I just added Comodo & PC Tools AntiVirus Free Edition too, thanks for the heads up.

• hedofun said:

Hello. Can u update the poll? Avira is leader now 🙂

@hedofun
    Yea, I noticed the leader change 🙂 I will post a new poll report at the end of this week.

• drex said:

the shield deluxe is the best……………. no pop….. good in system……

• top 10 antivirus said:

Great post. YOu insure that it is seem so easy to express your experiences. I wish i was able to do as well throughout sharing on my blog. I just got the software started and sometimes feel stuck of what to share or if the right thing to share. what to do?