Home » games, Guest Post

Free Games: Air Shark and Air Shark 2

by PC Memoirs 1 July 2009 7 Comments

This is a guest post written by PCMemoirs, please visit his blog for interesting and useful PC maintenance and troubleshooting advice.

As a fan of classic arcade style games, I spent much time looking for a free helicopter or airplane game that is fun, easy to learn and has decent graphics. I found just what I needed at freegamepick.com. It’s called Air Shark and in this game, you are basically flying a helicopter and shooting enemy helicopters, planes and ground targets.

I love PC games, especially those that involve flying and air combat, but I don’t like having to learn how to take off for hours, let alone all the controls in the cockpit, as in realistic flight simulators. I just needed a game that I could play whenever I’m bored and have nothing else to do. Something simple, yet fun: quickly start the game, fly away and shoot stuff.

airshark

Air Shark is fun if you are a fan of arcade games. All you need to do is download the game, install it and you are ready to fly and shoot. The controls are easy to use – to fly left or right, use left or right arrow on the keyboard, and to go forward or reverse, use the up and down arrow. You can shoot small caliber guns with the Control button (CTRL) and when you pick up missiles on the way, you can use the Shift button to fire those against more powerful targets. You encounter mostly enemy helicopters on the way, some big airplanes, and targets on the ground, such as enemy bases with tanks, jeeps, multiple rocket launchers and even boats.

Along the way, you can score points and collect rewards by hitting special targets. This is how you get missiles, increase your ranking (from junior pilot to master) and health.

I suggest you try it and see how far you go. My best score is about 225,000 points (top score is 1 million). Post your comments here and let me know what you think.

If you get bored too quickly, try also the upgraded version, Air Shark 2.

Have fun!

By the way, please let me know if you know of any other fun flying & shooting games.

download

• pcmemoirs (author) said:

C’mon people, where is your competitive spirit? Isn’t anyone going to try the game and post their score? How about you Johnny? πŸ™‚

Maybe no one likes the game. LOL

I played a bit this morning, the game is quite nice but I have two things that upset me. First of all it requires to install a browser toolbar. I did and uninstalled it immediately after, no major problem. In the game I couldn’t find any option to save the game, do you always have to start all over again if you quit the game?

• pcmemoirs (author) said:

I didn’t see a toolbar when I installed it, but that was months ago… maybe it’s a new addition. And yes, you have to start from 0 if you quit the game. Simple game in every way… πŸ™‚

I played it a few times and it’s quite entertaining indeed. So far I haven’t been able to grab more than around 250000 points, maybe I’m not skillful enough πŸ˜€

• Evony MMO said:

I just started playing this new game called evony. It’s pretty sweet I think you guys would like it. Just a simple little flash game, but damn its addicting.

• pcmemoirs (author) said:

Thanks, but that game has nothing to do with this post, except for the fact that it’s free. It’s not a ‘flash game’, you just need flash to play it. Plus, it’s a strategy game, not flight combat and shooting game. Why would I like it..?

• Anderson said:

Thanks for the articles. I have learned a lot reading your site.