Home » antispyware, system tools

Glary Utilities Free 2.10.0.622

by James 5 February 2009 12 Comments

Overview
Glary Utilities is a freeware program that can take care of your system by performing various tasks like removing junk files, cleaning the registry or even removing spyware.

Review
Many people told me that I should try Glary Utilities but I was a little bit reluctant because I was using Advanced SystemCare 3 (ex Advanced Windows Care 2 Personal) and I was quite happy with the way it worked. I was slightly annoyed however by the latest version, they began to push up the nagging to buy the pro version a little bit too far. So I finally decided to give Glary Utilities a go. During the installation process the program wants you to install the Ask toolbar, but you can easily uncheck that option. After finishing the installation Glary Utilities made me feel quite comfortable with it right from the start.

Glary Utilities Screenshot 1

Glary Utilities Screenshot 1

If you go through all the modules that the program offers you’ll be more than impressed. Really, it’s like a Swiss Army Knife, it has anything that you might need to keep your system running smoothly. The only thing that I noticed isn’t available in the free version is the option to perform scheduled maintenance operations. Well, I didn’t want to use that anyway, I don’t want to be interrupted and I’m quite obsessed with my PC to perform those tasks at least once a week.

Glary Utilities Screenshot 3

Glary Utilities Screenshot 3

Just take a look at the modules list. Do you want anything else?

– Disk Cleaner

– Duplicate Files Finder

– Empty Folders Finder

– File Splitter and Joiner

– Process Manager

– Internet Explorer Assistant

– Windows Standard Tools

Awesome! Simply awesome! Oh, and I love the icon they made for the program, it’s one of the best I’ve seen.

glary-utilities-pro-iconDoesn’t it look great?

2.10.0.622

GlarySoft

Download link

Summary

Easy to use.

Has so many features that it can seem hard to believe it’s free.

Flaws? Couldn’t find any.

Rating

Verdict

Don’t look no further, don’t look for anything else, Glary Utilities is the freeware program you need for keeping your PC in shape. I really regret I didn’t test this program earlier.

If you have any trouble with this software just leave a comment, I’ll help you out! If you know better free programs in the same category, please let me know!

• Gerald said:

Hi,

Tried this problem immediately, and found some small annoyances worth to mention
    – imo the interfaces are not as clean and smooth as those of for instance ccleaner, which i was using before.
    – especially the uninstaller manager is less slick and fast as ccleaner’s.
    – it would be nice if the tool offers a reg backup possibility before changing the reg.

But, overall, this looks like a very nice tool.

Another suggestion: i think you start to suffer from your own effort :-). The list of recommended freeware is running longer and longer, and could use some cleanup i think. It would be nice to have categories in there. Furthermore, it would be nice if you could think of a nice way to communicate that if you install glary, you might not need a lot of the other tools recommended.

Keep up the good work!

Hey Gerald, I really appreciate your input and critical eye. As I mentioned, I’ll try to keep the “Best Freeware” page updated and that means exactly what you said: after installing Glary Utilities some of the other programs will have to be taken out from the list. I published the Glary review only a bunch of hours ago and I didn’t have the time to update the page, but I’ll do that soon enough. Thanks a lot for your suggestions, you’re an invaluable reader 🙂

• Bart said:

Hi, today my Avira Antivir (freeware as well, thank you!) detected an infection of the W32/Induc.A virus in my Glary Utilities installation: file …Glary Utilities\encryptexe.exe and a bunch of other .exe files like join.exe in the same directory.
    I’m no expert, but the detailed report of Avira Antivir explains this virus apparently infects the Delphi development software, and once infected it also infects software that is developed through that infected Delphi program. I guess the Glary Utility builder has used an infected Delphi program to develop Glary? I’m no Delphi user so for me not important as far as I understand, but since I got Glary through this website I thought I’d warn you nevertheless.

Thanks for the information Bart. It could be a false positive though, I never had such problems with Glary Utilities and since it’s a widely used program I believe that it’s fairly secure. Anyway, I’ll try to find out more about this.

• rono said:

there is a great freeware alternative to glary utilities name perfect utilities & its a perfect freeware no free version of any pro like glary.So johnny just try it out,I hope it will never let you down.But i’m a little bit confused about their similer gui.

The GUI does look pretty similar indeed… I’ll give it a go soon, thanks Rono.

• RegGenie said:

Glary Utilities is a collection of system tools and utilities to fix, speed up, maintain and protect your PC. It allows you to clean common system junk files, as well as invalid registry entries and Internet traces. I think it is one of the best tools i have ever found.

• Xoftspyse said:

In my point of views XoftspyseVista version is a great spyware & Adware software that easily detect spyware, Adware, worms & even Trojans as well. Besides these it perform scanning fast than other that make it differ from others.

• rono said:

Try ACLeaner.http://www.cleanersoft.com/

• Sherri @ registry clean up site said:

Registry cleaners scans for file extensions which are no longer associated with any application installed on your system. Very effective for PC repair. 🙂

• cleaner said:

my friend recommended RegistryBooster to clean my registry, i used it to clean my laptop almost every quater of a year, and my laptop runs smoothly ever since. so now i’d like to recommend this registry cleaner to U.

• Klatch said:

If I have glary utilities is that enough or do I need another program for viruses, trojans and/or anything else?