Home » system tools

Best Free Data Recovery Program

by James 28 November 2008 11 Comments

Good day again, welcome to the Freeware Mission. Today I’m going to pick the best freeware data recovery program, a must have for any PC. A while ago almost any data recovery software was expensive like hell. Now we have freeware programs that can do just what the commercial ones can. Maybe even more.

I was using Recuva for a while, a pretty good freeware program. Searching for the best one I found PC Inspector File Recovery. It’s by far the best free data recovery program, maybe even the best overall.

screenshot
screenshot

If you take a quick look through the features you’ll know I’m right. It supports FAT 12, 16 or 31 and NTFS file systems, it finds partitions automatically, even erased or damaged partitions, recovers files even if a header entry isn’t available. With the special recovery function you can search for a specific type of file: .exe, .doc, .avi, etc.

You can download PC Inspector File Recovery from here, it’s free! (hope it will stay free 🙂

9.5

CONVAR

4.0

The Freeware Mission will continue for another 23 episodes, don’t miss them!

• data recovery wannabe said:

This is cool freeware. I’m going to add this to my own blog. Thanks!

• bbbbb said:

te rog mult daca imi poti lasa adresa ta de messenger. am o jmare problema cu recuperarea unor date. multumesc frumos.

@bbbbb
    Email sent.

• Isabel Lee said:

Data Recovery is a very costly option that is why you should always check your storage media for any signs of wear and tear.:”‘

• Nick C said:

I just tried this program (PC Inspector File Recovery) and couldn’t get it to detect the ‘logical drive’ we needed to scan. I was working remotely…and didn’t put loads of time into it, but have used recuva successfully a few times and never had to break a sweat.

Oh, this was on Vista, too…not sure if I’ve used Recuva on Vista.

-Nick C

• Leo King said:

data recovery is a very costly option, always make a regular backups.~””

Bad news… on the FAQ page:

“Question: Is PC Inspector compatible with Windows Vista at the moment?

Answer: Unfortunately not, a compatible version of the software is not available and an update is not even planned yet.”

• Brooke Young said:

data recovery is very very expensive so do make regular backups of important files-.”

• Isobel Shaw said:

data entry jobs are very common on the internet but the paying rate is quite small *,;

• rthteyjy said:

data recovery is a very the best solutions on the market.

• rthteyjy said:

One of the best solutions on the market is Easy Drive Data Recovery software http://www.321soft.com