Home » audio tools

Best Free Audio Converter

by James 28 November 2008 10 Comments

Here we go again, the Freeware Mission continues! Now I am going to choose a free audio converter, something that could convert my audio files from one format to another and maybe let me extract the audio from video files. I’m not asking too much, am I?

The freeware program that I chose is Any Audio Converter – it’s freeware and can convert the most popular audio file formats with no problem whatsoever. The output formats that it supports are more than enough: MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC and OGG. And the best thing about it is that it can extract the audio from AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV, ASF files.

Any Audio Converter is very easy to use, fast and reliable. I had absolutely no problem converting a wma file to mp3 and then extracting the audio from an avi file containing a whole movie!

You can download Any Audio Converter from here, it’s free!

8.5
Any-Audio_Converter.com
1.1.0

The Freeware Mission continues! How many episodes left? Well, I’m kinda confused with the numbers 🙂 Maybe three episodes? Let me count again… Three episodes, I swear!

Never heard of dBpowerAMP v10 ??

Hey man, I’m not the walking freeware encyclopedia 🙂

• Adam E. said:

Not the best converter I have used. It does not set different bit rates. Very hungry on RAM resources. And a annoying pop up message.

• Jonno said:

Hey, I haven’t tried this ‘Best Free Audio Converter’, but I would check out Media Coder. It converts practically anything to practically everything. It even has presets for common devices, such as iPods and other things.

I also used SUPER before, but I stopped using it because it started desyncing my AV. But it’s still an option. It’s just a little less user friendly.

• mou. said:

hi i think this is best converter.

• Any Audio Converter – extrahera och konvertera ljud | Gratisprogram - hundratals tips! said:

[…] AVI till MP3, MP4 till MP3, WMV till WMA, RMVB till MP3 mm Hemsida: Any Video Converter Källa: FreewareMission Liknande artiklar:Quick Media Converter – Konvertera filmer och musik mellan olika […]

• Plips said:

Good software.
    I recommend Aneesoft Free Video Converter.

• rono said:

Just try xrecode ii http://xrecode.com/

• Panji Tengkorak said:

I agree with Jonno on some cases but I think SUPER© is still the most suitable tool for media converting, considering that it’s an all-in-one software and it’s totally free.

SUPER© is a powerful tool, so many controls available to tweak the output. It’s a bit hard to use it on the first time but once you get used to it there should be no problems….

• Ameer said:

Any Audio Converter is a great tool, used it a lot. downloaded it on various computers from cnet. loved it.