Home » system tools

Radar Sync – Update Drivers Easy and for Free!

by James 22 November 2008 38 Comments

I’m always trying to keep my computer up to date, and updating the device drivers is an important part of the whole process. But finding the right driver by browsing through a long list of websites can be very time consuming and frustrating. I stumbled upon a nice piece of freeware called Radar Sync: they say it automatically searches for the drivers you need, downloads them and everything. That sounds good, let’s see if it really works.

First of all the program scans your computer to identify the devices that you have and tells you if there is a newer driver version available.

I chose to download the new driver for my Ethernet card. The download goes pretty fast, but the important thing is that the program gets your driver from the manufacturer’s website, so that means less risks or even no risk at all.

After the download completes you get to install the new driver.

Just to be sure, you can create a restore point before installing the new driver, so if things go wrong you can return to your previous settings.

The installation of my new Ethernet card driver went very well, so let’s download the whole bunch!

This is a very useful piece of freeware, easy to use and good to have around. You can download it from here, it’s free!

• Nayanthara said:

* ADO.NET (1)
    * AdSense E-Book (2)
    * Affiliate Ebook (3)
    * AJAX (6)
    * ANT (1)
    * Archaeology ebooks (4)
    * Architecture ebooks (4)
    * Autobiography (2)
    * Biography (5)
    * Biotechnology (1)
    * Business (6)
    * C++ (1) (1)
    * Civil Engineering Ebooks (3)
    * Clinical (2)
    * Comics (2)
    * Communication Technology (2)
    * Computer (8)
    * Computer Hacking (2)
    * Computer IT ebooks (2)
    * Computer Magazines (1)

This program did not identify any device drivers to be updated on my PC. (Other programs found 21 drivers that needs upgrade – and I agree). It also found 5 programs that should be updated, 2 of this was not correct.

That’s strange, it worked fine for me. Maybe if you can give me some more information about the components in your system I would be able to understand what went wrong. Please tell me which other programs you used, maybe I can test those too. Thanks for your feedback.

• devlin19 said:

i agree with johnny. maybe update with some other info about programs you used. thanks alot for info

• angelo said:

ora sto scaricando tutti i drive e eccezzionale speriamo che qst sono tutti cmq grazieeeeee!!!!!!

@Angelo
    I speak a little bit Italian, so… grazie per leggere e spero che il programma sia buono per te.

• supernet said:

no parece mejor que drivermax, aun siendo de descargas limitadas por día,pero drivermax es mejor.

Drivermax is the best

• peanut said:

did radarsync follow the path of drivermax? i downloaded it, scanned my pc it found some things to update i click the download button but it states that is only available to paid customers
    did i get the wrong version or what?!?

@Peanut
    I checked RadarSync again this morning and it works just fine, it downloads the updates with no additional message. There’s a window that pops up right after you start the program and you have to pick which version you’re using, paid or free and if you have a PackZoola account. I picked the free version and entered my username and password and it worked just like it did before.

• Yoav said:

hi, same thing goes for me- downloaded the program from your link, in options choose guest login (program home screen says “FREE EDITION”, run the scan, choose a driver to update and recieved the pop-up message “this feature is available only to users of the paid version” 🙁 .

i sent a mail for their support center but no reply yet..

what say you Johnny??

Yoav, this is really strange. My copy of the free RadarSync is still working perfectly, I just downloaded another update, even without logging into my RadarSync account. I contacted somebody from their team and I hope they will provide an answer soon.

• marco said:

I tried to down load a free version however once it had scanned i tried to down load fixes but it advised me I would have to pay for this feature has the programme changed ??

Marco, my copy is still working OK. I sent an email to somebody at RadarSync and I hope they would clarify the whole thing soon. It would be a shame if they changed the free version policy so drastically but I’m still not sure about that.

Try this following link, it’s supposed to point to the “real” free version: http://www.radarsync.com/installers/radarsyncFREE.exe

• Yoav said:

It Works!! way 2 go Johnny, finally able to update drivers without getting the “give us money” message.. this link provided a different installation file and now everything works like a charm 🙂

• martin said:

thanks for the fantastic program johnny! no longer do i need to use endless hours looking for drivers manually.

• peanut said:

just here to report that your link went got me the correct program and it is working like a dream thanks for the help jonny

I’m happy it’s working now, I really hope that the people at RadarSync won’t be forced into making the same mistake as DriverMax did.

• deepblonde said:

Johnny Karp (author) said:

The link seems to be dead,
    anywhere I can download the real’ free version that isn’t restricted?

Yes, the link seems to be dead indeed. The bad thing is there is nothing I can do, the people at RadarSync have to decide if there will be a “free version” with unlimited downloads or not. I hope they’ll stick to the unlimited downloads and not make the same error as DriverMax but I have to admit that many companies struggle to keep their finances afloat nowadays. We’ll see…

• deepblonde said:

Johnny Karp (author) said:

Anyone willing to share their “free” version that auto downloads driver updates? Please!?

I would have sent it to you by now but I don’t have the installer file anymore… I hope that the people at RadarSync might try to help you.

• Baracus said:

Radar sync is NOT a freeware!!! It scans for free but as soon as you make an action, for instance dowloading an update from its scan list, it requires “registration”, that is payment.

Can anyone recomend a good FREEWARE to do the same job as Radar sync?

Thanks

@Baracus
    The correct statement would be “RadarSync WAS freeware” but it seems that those times are over now. Unfortunately I don’t know any alternative free programs, the only one was DriverMax but it has gone on the same path as RadarSync, a bit earlier though.

• комп said:

СПАСИБО ! ЗА СОФТ!

• Baracus said:

Huh???

• Baracus said:

What???

• Baracus said:

?????

• derick said:

You telling us that its free you let us down load radar sync and scan our computer now your telling us its for buyers only is this kind of scam

• keith.L said:

Johnny r there any free driver update apps left?????

• Keith.L said:

Johnny r there any free driver apps like radar or drivermax was left out there??Any1 who reads this an knows of 1 please let us know.Johny keep searching if not love the F/W mission anyway keep up the good work….tu

• EagleFeather1021 said:

You are just another BS/HS scammer!

• driver updater said:

Good stuff to share. Also, i have something great to share with you too: Driver Robot. Believe it or not, it’s the best Driver updater i’ve elver used.

• Timm Wheeler said:

This is NOT FREE …perhaps in the past but not anymore… most of the times windows update will handle your driver updates, and don’t pay for this type of program, as the first rule of Tech Repair applies:

Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke !!

• berndk. said:

best real iphone unlock and jailbreak on http://www.anysim.net

thank u anysim team.

• Krazykain said:

Every driver updater program I have ever seen does the same thing. 1)Free Driver Updater Download and Scan 2)These drivers need to be updated please register now 3)Pay us for a limited time usage license of 1 to 2 years… Lame… I use the big name software free scans to give me a list of outdated drivers then manually update them myself, the “freeware” versions usually don’t even correctly list the out of date drivers. If anyone finds one of these that is actually free and continues to work past the (rope as many people in as possible with deceptive half truths marketing strategy) trial period, please let me know because manually updating drivers is wicked tedious.

• driver ati said:

you are sharing a good driver updater here. thank you very much!

• 94 Great Freeware Programs For A Freeware Only PC | Freeware Mission said: