Home » internet, tv freeware

Veoh TV 3.9.4.1036 – Free Internet TV

by James 22 November 2008 9 Comments

Traditional TV stations are losing more and more viewers, and most of them are moving to online content. Internet TV is becoming more and more popular, and I’m very curious to see how far it will go. I’ve tried some internet TV applications and most of them use huge amounts of memory and CPU time for unimpressive results. Today I’m going to test Veoh TV 3.9.4.1036, a freeware program. Let’s see if it’s any better.

The setup file is around 20 MB, so you’ll download it pretty fast if you have a good internet connection. After installing the program you are invited to register, and you must do that if you want to use the program. Well, it better be worth it! With registration and all the installation will take about three minutes.

The interface looks very well, clean and clever. You have various options to choose from: search for videos, pick a channel or go through the library.

So far so good, everything looks nice and cool, the video loads and plays back without problems. Now let’s see how much memory this software uses. Keep your fingers crossed… and…

46 MB! That’s even less than Firefox usually takes (about 50 MB). Quite impressive I must say. Now let’s watch some internet TV!

I’m very glad I found this freeware, it seems that “this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship”. It has even a Macintosh version! You can download it from here, it’s free!

• Jonny Bonny said:

Excellent! I didn’t know about this, but now I do :). Thanks!

Actually I’m becoming more and more impressed with it. Yesterday I searched and downloaded videos from YouTube with it, fast and easy. It’s a very promising piece of freeware, it really is.

Mac Users – VeohTV is Coming Soon!

VeohTV is not yet available for Mac users. Give us your email address and we’ll let you know when it’s available.

• niki lang said:

it’s not working for me. i already downloaded the veoh compass and now it is saying that i have to download it again. then i couldnt get the veoh web player. what should i do?

@Niki Lang
    Make sure your system meets the requirements:

Windows XP SP2 or later / Vista
    1GHz Pentium class processor ( 2.8 GHz or faster processor for High Definition video)
    512 MB Memory (1GB for High Definition video)
    32 MB Video Memory (64 MB for High Definition video)
    100 MB of free disk space (500 MB or more for downloading video)
    Broadband Internet connection (for streaming and downloading video)
    Internet Explorer (version 7 recommended) or Firefox 3 (for downloading video)
    Adobe Flash Player 9.0.115 or greater

• Harris said:

How about linux users?

• Sarah Graham said:

Broadband internet these days are getting much faster and cheaper too. `-.

• john said:

i hope it is free

• Charles Cox said:

everyone wants fast broadband internet these days, i got some 5 mbps connection at home.:,*