Home » CD/DVD burner

Star Burn 10 – Burn Cd/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD for Free

by James 22 November 2008 12 Comments

I saw more and more free CD burning applications developing very well lately, and that’s very good news. I reviewed some time ago CD Burner XP, a good piece of CD burning freeware, but now I think I found something better. A lot better. Star Burn 10 is a very promising free program, which you can use to burn your files on CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. And there are even more interesting features. Let’s take a look.

The installer is about 9 MB, I downloaded it in about 30 seconds. The installation process doesn’t take long, it completed in about a single minute. The interface looks nice and tidy, with nicely designed buttons.

When you pick a task to run a wizard pops up to guide you through the steps you need to take.

Regarding the main feature of the program, which is burning your files to CD or DVD, nothing special to say, it burns your stuff nice and easy, no problems there. The only minor flaw that I found is that the program doesn’t check the disc after burning, but hey, you can do that yourself.
The good thing about Star Burn 10 is that you can do more than just burning CDs: you can rip audio CDs, and then compress the output .waw files to .wma, .ogg or .mp3. And there’s even more: you can create .iso disc images and then mount disc images to a virtual drive you can create with Star Burn 10!

This is one of the most promising freeware programs I’ve seen lately. I’m pretty sure I won’t renew my Nero license 😉 You can download Star Burn 10 from here, it’s free!

• Ajay said:

hey thnaks for this cool free cd burner utility

We should thank those guys who made it and released it for free 🙂

• Tim said:

Good Job! 🙂

Thanks, Tim 🙂

• Denis S. said:

How about CDBurner XP? )

@Denis
    I tested and reviewed CD Burner XP and I found StarBurn to be better – more features and more reliable. For some reason CD Burner XP crashed quite often on my PC.

• merso said:

I know a Mac DVD Creator,which is the perfect solution for Mac computer users to burn videos including AVI, MOV, FLV(YouTube video, Google video,etc), TS, TP, TRP, MP4, MPG, MPEG, VOB, 3GP, and DAT to video DVDs. It has very high output quality and provides users with a customizable DVD .

@Merso
    Thanks for the info, but the program you are recommending isn’t free, is it?

• Thomas said:

The program Starburn (version 12r4) is also not free. After a long periode of time the program asks you either to enter a key or order it online. If you use the third option, the OK button, the program closes automatically. But anyway, the program was great during the time I could use it.

Greetings,

Thomas.

• fsfsdf said:

How to burn dvd?I often encounter the problem.

• dvd video tool said:

This guide is mainly about how to convert and burn DRM WMV to DVD, so that you can play DRM protected WMV videos on a TV screen, regular DVD player, or save DRM WMV files to disc to save your favorite Movie for a long time.

• Freeware Mission – Best Free CD/DVD Burner | Freeware Mission said:

[…] After a few tests only two freeware programs grabbed my attention: CD Burner XP and StarBurn 10. These two seem to be the best alternatives to Nero, but only one of the two will be my choice. […]