TS Converter 2.5 – Convert .ts Files for Free
I was telling you the other day about Alt-DVB, free satellite TV software. Recording files with Alt-DVB gives you .ts (transport stream) output files. But let’s say you want to convert your recordings. One way to do it is with Auto GK, also reviewed here a week ago. Another free option is TS Converter.
The supported output formats for TS Converter are .TS, .MPG, .DVR-MS, .MPV + .MPA. You might wonder why one would convert the .ts to .ts. Well, this little program has an editing function, where you can select what you want to keep from your recording and export that as a new file. The conversion to .mpg is a little tricky, because you will need a third party mpg demultiplexer. But the DVR-MS (Windows Media format) conversion runs smoothly.
And the whole process is simple and fast:
1. Launch tsconverter.exe
2. Load the .TS, .TP, .MPG or .DVR-MS file you want to convert
3. Optional for .TS, .TP: Select mark in and mark out point to make A-B cuts
4. Select “Start Conversion…” from the Control menu
The conversion is very fast. The info panel informs about the progress and
the estimated time. Now you might wonder what to do with the DVR-MS file. Well, being a native Windows format, DVR-MS is ideal for watching (Media Center Edition and Windows Media Player), streaming (XBox, Windows Media Connect) and encoding (Windows Media Encoding) up to high definition in 720p/1080p and 5.1 audio.
Let’s recap the main features:
– Convert ATSC/DVB, DVD and DVR-MS formats for use in Media Center and Media Player
– Support for NTSC, PAL, ATSC, AVC, H.264 and HDTV streams
– Support for MPEG1/MPEG2, H.264 and AC3 audio tracks
– Support for anamorphic streams
– Support for HDTV mux rates
– Very short conversion times
– Maintenance of stream times
– Automatic and threaded indexing
– Trick play in MCE
– Features an A-B scene cutter for TS streams
– Support for Drag-&-Drop
– Features a command line interface (run tsconverter /h)
– Features an automation interface
There you go, another piece of useful freeware, download it from here. It’s free!
Subscribe to the full RSS feed to get the latest articles fast and easy!
If you have any trouble with this software just leave a comment, I’ll help you out!